Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reflecting on Accomplishments

     The accomplishments that I have done are vast, and I am very proud of them.  One of the major accomplishments that I have done was my Eagle Project.  For my project I decided to work with The Hub of Detroit which is a non-profit bicycle organization.  I went down and spoke with one of the workers there and he gave me ideas for a good community service project.  The project was repairing the parking lot and cleaning up around the outside of the building.  I decided to do this because it will make the building more appealing and attract more attention. In the end, I hope it will attract more attention to The Hub of Detroit and make it a more successful organization       
     Another accomplishment that I am proud of was being able to recover from an ACL injury, and not letting the pain slow me down from achieving my dream.  When it comes to my dreams, I will stop at nothing to make them come true.  No matter how troubling the obstacle is, I will always tackle it head-on.      
      My major accomplishments in the end, consist mainly of community service.  I like doing community service because it gives me the chance to volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters, and give back to the people who don't have much.  One of the driving forces that makes me do these sort of things is my religion.  "What you do to the least of my brothers and sisters is what you do on to me".  This was quoted from the bible, and this phrase will always stick in my mind.  Another factor that compels me to do good is the fact that after I help out someone in need, I always feel a sense warmth and appreciation, and there is no greater feeling than that.      
 


No comments:

Post a Comment