Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reflection on my journey

     In my journey throughout high school, I have come to the realization that chasing dreams and pursing what makes my happy is supposed to be simple, but it is the exact opposite.  It seems every time I try chasing my dream of improving myself in soccer, I can never find the time to do so.  I am always surrounded in other commitments such as school, work, and vacations.  These things really take up most of my time and effort throughout the year.  Even in the summer I have only a few weeks to practice.  This may seem like a lot of time, but in reality, it isn't.  It takes 2-3 times per week of playing time to get better, and within those 2-3 times, the sessions need to last around 2 hours to ensure a proper workout.  But after doing this assignment and reading/watching all these inspiring works about chasing my dream, I have come to realize that the problem has nothing to do with my other commitments, it has to do with me not making enough time to pursue my dream.  I sleep around 10 hours a night, if I were to cut 2 hours out to train, I would still get enough sleep and have enough time to train.  Sometimes in order to make dreams happen, sacrifices must be made in order to achieve a goal.  
     For my life in the future, I have decided that it is worth it to make sacrifices in order to pursue my happiness.  Wherever or whatever my dreams are, they should never be taken for granted because life is too short to not live your dreams.  When we reach the hardest point of our journey to achieve our dream, that is when we are the closest, and that is when most people give up.  The main thing to take away from this reflection is to never give up.  It is always good to keep the reward in mind when trying to reach your dream so there is motivation to keep going.  



     There is one video that really inspires me to chase my dream, it is the 2013 RedBull commercial, and the one part that really stands out is when Felix Baumgartner says, "The only limit, is the one you set yourself".   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ti2Lm4hb2ZY

     There are many more RedBull commercials like the one shown, but this one is by far the best.  RedBull has been helping people with extreme sports related dreams, and there are many more companies like them helping, and inspiring people to make their dreams happen.  When your support alone isn't enough, just look at all the iconic figures who did the thing you said couldn't be done because they were "impossible".  The people who did the things deemed "impossible" prove that anything can be done, and the main thing holding us back from our dreams is ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment